home favorite recipes about contact

Snickers Cupcakes

Easily one of the best cupcake recipes I've come across, these chocolate cupcakes have middles that are filled with bits of snickers covered in homemade caramel sauce. What, did your teeth just tell you to stay away from these? You may want to make a dentist appointment after eating them, but they're amazing and will charm the pants off of your everyone at your party when you bring them out!

Chocolate Dump Cake

It may not have the prettiest title, but this chocolate cake is so easy that you'll actually volunteer to bring it to family functions. No kidding! With a shockingly low amount of ingredients, this chocolate cake spans seasons. Need a quick dessert for dinner? Dump cake. Need to bring a cake into work when you don't care enough to bake something for people you don't even like? Dump cake.

Red Velvet Cupcakes + Cream Cheese Icing

You only turn 26 once, and when you do you should celebrate with Red Velvet! These cupcakes come with a long line of recommendations and will not disappoint. Scouts honor.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Yeah, I'd Bake That's Not Favorite Things Because That Was Taken, But Things We Really Enjoy List! Part 2!

Wow, such a great response for Part 1 of Yeah, I'd Bake That's Not Favorite Things Because That Was Taken, But Things We Really Enjoy List! You guys had me all like

Seriously, I'm super flattered.

I'm going to keep this post short and sweet because I know how ya'll appreciate my stories, but need to get your shopping done. It's fine! Really. The goal here is to give you the opportunity to look at something, say "Oh! I like that, I'll buy one for my sister....and me" because that's how I go Christmas shopping every year. So, on to Part 2 of Yeah, I'd Bake That's Not Favorite Things Because That Was Taken, But Things We Really Enjoy List!

7. Item seven on the list is a staple for when you're trying to fill up a friend's pantry for Christmas. Making a basket of great baking items (that you also found on here)? Include Betty Crocker's Fudge Brownie mix. Seriously! As a self-proclaimed, and partly ashamed of it, brownie connoisseur I can tell you that I suggest no other brownie mix. Maybe skip the eggs and water part in your basket, but give the gift of awesome brownies this year!












8. This is actually an item I WISH I had which is surprising because when I got married it rained baking tools down on me, which was awesome. The one thing I lack in my arsenal is a really great cookie spatula and I've only ever heard the ravest reviews about this brand. Plus their colorful, major win!


9. One of the aforementioned wedding baking items was a 3-tier cooling rack. I can honestly say I've never stacked all three, but I like to line them all up next to each other and easily transfer cookies from one wrack to another. You know, creating a cooling conveyor-belt of sorts? These clean easily, store nicely and are awesome for Christmas baking. Here's the Amazon Link! (click here)













10. Chocolate chip cookies are always requested in this house, but chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter chips are a delicacy. They're also amazing in those fudge brownies I'm urging you to buy, so stock up!







11. This item is another one of those, "should have bought it that one time I saw them for sale in Boscov's" items. I don't own these, but man - I should. Could have definitely helped during that Thanksgiving Day grease fire..


12. And the last item that you need, that you should definitely get for that special baker in your life...a sink spray attachment. This might be the old lady in me talking now, but that sprayer in my new sink has saved me a ton of time and practically cleans the sink for you. If you've got a handy man coming over for Christmas dinner, coyly ask him to install it because it'll be worth the embarassment. I promise. 













And that my friends, brings Yeah, I'd Bake That's Not Favorite Things Because That Was Taken, But Things We Really Enjoy List to a close. It seems like we were just celebrating Christmas last year with the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies. If you're into baking for the holidays, I suggest you check out some of the awesome Christmas cookies from last year by going into 2011 December posts. You'll find Peanut Butter Blossoms, Eggnog Snickerdoodles, and tons more.


I'll be posting again before Christmas, but until then - Happy Holidays!


0 comments:

Post a Comment