home favorite recipes about contact

Snickers Cupcakes

Easily one of the best cupcake recipes I've come across, these chocolate cupcakes have middles that are filled with bits of snickers covered in homemade caramel sauce. What, did your teeth just tell you to stay away from these? You may want to make a dentist appointment after eating them, but they're amazing and will charm the pants off of your everyone at your party when you bring them out!

Chocolate Dump Cake

It may not have the prettiest title, but this chocolate cake is so easy that you'll actually volunteer to bring it to family functions. No kidding! With a shockingly low amount of ingredients, this chocolate cake spans seasons. Need a quick dessert for dinner? Dump cake. Need to bring a cake into work when you don't care enough to bake something for people you don't even like? Dump cake.

Red Velvet Cupcakes + Cream Cheese Icing

You only turn 26 once, and when you do you should celebrate with Red Velvet! These cupcakes come with a long line of recommendations and will not disappoint. Scouts honor.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Yeah, I'd Bake That's Not Favorite Things Because That Name Was Taken But Items We Really Enjoy List! Part 1


Today we kick off our 2nd(!) Christmas season with Yeah, I'd Bake That's Not Favorite Things Because That Name Was Taken But Items We Really Enjoy List!

Let's talk about this title. I am not giving anything away so "12 Days of Giveaways" was scratched off the list, and I just didn't feel right using "Oprah's Favorite Things". "A December to Remember" is great if you can also say "Everyone's getting a car!" but sadly, not this year. YIBT that is in no way endorsed by Oprah, licensed by Hasbro, given special accommodations from any baking company, affiliated with Lincoln Motors, herein withto, ipso facto legal talk.


What this list IS, is a two day celebration of all the great things amateur bakers should have in their kitchen. We all can't be professionals, but there's no reason we have to bake like barbarians! This is also a list of items I have enjoyed working with in the past, have been excellent additions to my kitchen, and even some things I've wanted for awhile. This is an easy link to pass on to your Gramma who is now on Facebook to tell her what you want for Christmas. Let's restock your shelves, you're getting a car and you're getting a car, Oprah style!

1. The first item on my list is a must have for quick and easy cupcake decorating. The Wilton Dessert Decorator icing gun is a magical tool that helps you cleanly ice dozens of cupcakes quickly. It's easy to use and has enough tips to let you convince your family you've taken a decorating class for beginners. The image below is a link for the Dessert Decorator Pro - for when you've moved beyond ordinary plastic and you're ready to run with the big dogs.



2. This item should be in all of your pantries as we speak! Parchment paper not only keeps those chocolate chip cookies from burning, but it also allows you to skip washing your cookie sheets every once in awhile and that's the best Christmas present you can give someone.




3. A few years ago my mom gave me the best cookie cutter known to man. Not only do I use it every time I make sugar cookies, but I also use it when it's seasonably inappropriate. The Wilton Comfort-Grip cookie cutters are easy to clean, won't slice and dice your hands while using them and make great stocking stuffers. The cookie cutters, not the actual cookies.




4. Sometimes it takes a while to convince your loved ones that you need a particular item. In my case, I've been campaigning for years for a golden retriever puppy for Christmas. If you love your family, if you want to see them happy, I suggest a Forever Golden.

They're real, people! If you're interested in making this particular Christmas wish of mine come true because you love the shallow hopefulness I bring to your life with this blog, message me and I'll send you my home address! 


5. Okay, okay. The number 5 item on this list was a gift I received a few years ago for my birthday and it's awesome. I've transported cakes, pies, cupcakes, sausage cups, you name it in this thing. It's super easy to clean, attractive, and looks great with a YIBT sticker on it. I can't recommend this item enough. If you have a baker in the family who doesn't live with you, you need to buy this. Did I mention it was collapsible?




6. And the last item for today's entry is a simple, old fashioned gem. Last year on Black Friday I was able to score a Black & Decker hand mixer for under $10 and I use it all the time when I need to be mixing batters and icings or two equally time consuming things at the same time. We're programmed to immediately spring for the big Kitchen-Aid, but don't count out a hand mixer when times get tough. It's easy to store, doesn't take up counter space and probably won't set you back $500 bones.




So, ladies and gentlemen, that wraps up Part 1 of Yeah, I'd Bake That's Not Favorite Things Because That Name Was Taken But Items We Really Enjoy List! If you're into online shopping these hints and links can get you started on Christmas shopping for that baker in your family. Tune in on Thursday for Part 2 of this list!



0 comments:

Post a Comment